Sunday, November 16, 2008

Finally to Facebook

And I'm not sure why I waited so long. What a fun way to touch on many overlapping worlds. I'm enjoying some reconnections and especially enjoying the fact that my daughter is now independent enough to want me as a Facebook friend. That being said, I have to admit that looking at Hennepin County's MySpace page, I couldn't get past the feeling that they are trying too hard. I suppose the more jump-off points one has out there the better, but squeezing an institution into a personal profile doesn't work for me. I joined Librarians and Facebook because I thought it would match my participation level best. My daughter will probably be my best prompt in developing my page as she already has suggestions for me in terms of how to share books, etc. As soon as I finish the 23 things, I think I will follow her suggestions.

1 comment:

Carolnb said...

Welcome to facebook.